What are dental crowns?
If you have a chipped or broken tooth, or have had a root canal done, or are simply not satisfied with the color or shape of your tooth, a crown is a possible solution. Dental crowns are tooth-shaped caps, generally made out of porcelain, which are implanted over a tooth. The main reason dental crowns are used is to support a tooth with a weak structure.
Your doctor may recommend a crown when:
- You have a tooth weakened by large decay
- The tooth had a root canal or a root canal is recommended
- There is a broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely worn down
- You need support for a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
- You have misshaped or severely discolored teeth
- A dental implant is placed
Our crowns are custom made to match the form, size and color of the surrounding teeth. Treatment can be completed with as few as 1-2 visits.